Smiths Falls Hospital Redevelopment
Smiths Falls, ON
The new wing of the $32M expansion and renovation of the Smiths Falls site of the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital opened in June of 2010 and is the state-of-the-art home for Diagnostic Imaging, Ambulatory Care, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Surgical Services and ICU. After many years of fundraising and strategic planning, this was a great accomplishment for the community. The original 1950’s and 1960’s wings of the hospital were fully renovated, resulting in renewal of nearly 90% of the existing facility. The exterior of these older wings were re-clad with an exterior insulation and finish system which not only increased the insulation value of the wall, but also provided a cohesive and fresh new image for the hospital.